Saturday, October 29, 2011

coffee @ naturally on high and lunch @ maney's

I went to Bundoora RMIT today to do a bit of study so I needed a coffee hit on the way there.
So I went to Naturally on High in Thornbury.
This shop is an organic shop selling produce and drinks. They also make their own chocolate truffle balls, one of which I got to try ($1.50 each). I also tried their short black ($3.80). Their short black didn't have a lot of flavour to it, but it was sweet. I added the two sugars that were offered.











Then later on I trudged to Maney's. Here it is in Bundoora shopping square, where the Greek market and other student eateries are. Here they cater for all the international students studying in RMIT and at LaTrobe.
They were not too busy when I arrived at 12pm, but they took quite a few bookings for dinner.
Here most of their meals are under $10. So much so that they have an EFTPOS policy of spending more than $25. Thankfully I had cash.
On recommendation from Eat and be merry I had a noodle dish. This dish had prawn wontons and their noodles which Big Fil said that it was handmade. This was $8.00. I also had the spring onion and chives pancake ($3.00). I think this had way too much oil, but the noodles had no msg which was perfect and filled me up.
I would have liked to try the pork dumplings, but was too full.
This is a nice place for a suburban restaurant and I would return. But if this were in the city, it might need to lift its game.
Maney's Dumpling on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...