Saturday, October 29, 2011

Greek Coffee @ Sweet Greek








Today I had that funny feeling of having some strong and new types of coffee. So I went to Prahran market and a shop that I keep on passing called "Sweet Greek". Last time I went to Prahran market they weren't there, because the owner was sick and there was no one to open the shop. They are open everyday that the market is on.
They are featured a few times in the newspapers and magazines such as "Gourmet Traveller". They were reviewed by Gourmet Traveller in last year's Greek edition.
Not only do they sell cakes they also sell homemade Greek meals.
I have never tried Greek coffee before, but read that it is pretty strong. It was served to me in a small cup. I read that it is made out of a pot on a stove and then served without milk or sugar. Now this is my first time trying it and its not bad at all. It came as a $6 cake and coffee combo.
I loved the cake- it was not too custardy or sweet. This is also my first time trying the cake. I can't remember the name, but it sure was good.
The baklava was huge, not like the ones found in the city. It was very filling. For an extra $2 I have added this to the combo.
Kudos to the Greek lady who was nice to me and I shall be back with Big Fil from Eat and be merry.

International students: have you tried Greek food? Outline some of your experiences down here.

Sweet Greek on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...