Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Patto's at South Melbourne Market

Pattos at South Melbourne Market is a tiny little cafe, selling biscuits and cakes as well as coffees, potatoes and other items.










There was hardly anyone here when I got there. All there was one little old lady enjoying a cake and coffee. The food court and the market was packed with people. I wondered why this place wasn't busy.  The server there was not too friendly. In fact she seemed bored. It was her and another 15 year old girl. They should seriously think about employing more staff on. It seemed to be only just two staff working there the whole time I was there. The food was incredibly slow to arrive at my table. The coffee however was quick.
I loved my short black ($3.50), but the pancakes were a little dry (too much starch perhaps) and were lukewarm at best. They took a long time to come too and did cost me $10.90. I like thick pancakes but they should be moist and not crumbly. This one was a little crumbly and I had to lots of maple syrup on there to make it a little more flavoursome.
The short black was a little weak, but this was fine by me.
Now I wonder why there are not so many people there. Avoid the place and keep walking on to Sofias and Padre. I'd probably only come back for their coffee and cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...