Monday, April 30, 2012

dinner at Kam Fook in Chatswood

On Saturday the 28/4/12 I went to a friend's wedding in Sydney and it was here I had dinner at Kam Fook seafood restaurant. It had 32 tables of 12 to it.
It was here that service was a bit slow. There was no champagne, which I would have liked. Instead there was wine provided, coke, juice and tea provided. There wasn't a lot of tea. Even so there weren't many refills. There were heaps of juice and coke refills which is not normal for a banquet.
There was a lot of seafood here as this was a seafood banquet. Here we had sucking pig with jellyfish, lobster, fried seafood rolls, shark fin soup, prawn sticky rice, chicken, some sort of vegetables, fish (not sure what sort, but it was steamed), e fu noodles, red bean soup, almond cookies and fruits. There wasn't a lot of things there as the server served up everything. I'm not sure how much the banquet was as I did not pay for this, but it looked expensive.









The sucking pig with jellyfish was the worst ever. The jelly fish was limp and dry. But I loved the shark fin soup and fried seafood rolls. I didn't have the lobster, but what I heard from other tables was that it was really good. The prawn sticky rice didn't have any prawns in it and the e fu noodles was really overcooked. They were so overcooked that they broke apart and they are not meant to

I didn't have the chicken as I was nearly full, so can't comment on this.
The fish was just ok.... not great though and they could have provided a lot more spring onions and sauce. The vegetables was just a tad overcooked.
I loved the dessert, except for the limited choice of fruits.
Overall the food was mediocre except for some of the seafood dishes. The grade that I'd give the menu is a 4/10. I'd never come back here again, unless someone paid me to.
Kam Fook on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...