Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mamak by Katherine

Mamak is a chain store. It started in Malaysia and then took Sydney and Melbourne by storm. Now it is the most talked about place that does the best roti. About 28 other bloggers have written up about this place including Yellow Eggs, The world loves Melbourne, The Chronicles of I-Hua, Eat and be merry etc

I came here at 1pm wanting roti wanting a break from work. Although it was really busy I managed to get a table (and a squizz of the other dishes on the menu).

The place is huge. Here the service was a little bit slow, but I forgive them as they were busy. I think they forgot my water. They also forgot the guy's (from the table next to me) Maggi mi until they reminded the waitress.

















They only open limited hours from 11:30am-2:30pm for lunch and 5:30pm-10:30pm. I had wanted to go in for afternoon tea several times.

I also got to watch the guy make roti. I took lots and lots of pictures (with permission of course).

They are famous for their roti and satays hence the limited food menu. But they do have a lunch menu where nothing costs more than $12.

I had the cham ($3.5- Malaysian half coffee and half tea) and the Roti Telur Bawang (roti with eggs and onions and three sauces- $7). Yummy.

Like the others said the roti was nice and fluffy and it was nice with the egg inside. I also loved the onion. The sambal and the sauces weren't too spicy so if you aren't a fan of spice then go for it.

My verdict: go for the rotis. I would. But I would also like to try out their Maggi Mi and the rice dishes. And this time I'll come at night with Sally.
Mamak on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...