Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Common Man

The Common Man is a place in South Wharf. It is on the far end of the promenade.

I was invited to try them out hence everything was free. But I did tip a huge amount at the end.

They had just been opened for a year and already they are becoming popular on Friday night.

They have happy hour from 5pm-7pm where it is $6 per pint and $10 per jug. On the sunny days they have a pop up bar.

The bathrooms are at the back and down the hallway behind the open kitchen.
The service there was friendly but a little bit disorganized. But they are just new so give them a bit a chance.

The music was very lively today and I enjoyed every moment of it.


























The outside atmosphere was very nice. Here I could watch the world go by.

I had their bread with olive oil and skordalia (which is some sort of onion dip). Normally I'd have to pay $4.50 for this.

That and my lemonade which is normally $3.50.

Loved the bread with the olive oil. It was a match made in heaven. Also loved the onion dip but it was a tad too much dip.Make the serving a bit smaller and we would be just fine.

I loved the olive oil. I think it was from Mount zero.

With this I got to sample two types of breads; multigrain and sourdough. I liked the sourdough better as it was not tough, but light and chewy. The multigrain bread when toasted was hard and burnt.

The lemonade was great. I loved the little piece of lime in there.

It's prime dining at its best without being too expensive. Having said that I'd like to return with my library group one day as I love the outdoor atmosphere and at night it would be magic

Common Man on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...