Saturday, December 21, 2013

Touche Hombre by Claudia

Touche Hombre opened last year and already they are very popular with bloggers and people alike.

Touche Hombre is a tapas type of place but they do lunches as well. And they Mexican style cocktails.

The service was just ok. Nothing too elaborate really. The ladies didn't smile much and one of them looked really tired. But the guys behind the bar was very attentive.



They have an $18 lunchbox and their ever so popular ice cream sandwich which I had on this rather hot day.



The $18 lunchbox includes a burger, corn, chips and guacamole. But seeing as I had already had lunch I had two tacos ($5 each) and chips and guacamole ($8). The chips were really nicely done and salted. I loved the hints of pomegranate and  cilantro in the guacamole as it added that nice sweet touch to what otherwise would be a boring guacamole.

I had the fish taco and the vegetarian taco. The vegetarian taco was a little bit meh for my liking, but I loved the fish one though. The fish one had a lot of a flavour to it and it wasn't expensive. I loved the mayo in that.

Here the cookie ($8) was really nice, but I couldn't say the same for the ice cream which was not like ice cream should be. Ice cream should be soft and cold and this was lukewarm. But the peanuts and the biscuit was moreish though.

I loved the biscuit- it had that chilli kick to it and it was crumbly and baked freshly.

This would be a place that I'd love to come back to with my library group for some drinks or for a staff party.  I would have loved some queasidillas and burritos to be on the menu especially for dinner.
Touché Hombre on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...