Sunday, January 12, 2014

Emporia Cafe

Emporia cafe is a small cafe in Myer where you can relax with a good book. I have been there twice. Once for green tea (not pictured- $6 for a pot) and the other time for lunch since their food looked great.

Emporia Cafe is in Myer in the city so it is serviced by train, tram and bus.

The bathrooms are in the basement.

The place was warm and inviting and reminded me of Sensory lab in David Jones.

Both times the service was a tad bit slow. My meal took ages to come and so did the tea the last time I went.

At lunchtime it was quite busy with all the shoppers and workers taking a break.







On this hot 33C day I saw many people getting juices. But seeing as I wasn't thirsty, just hungry I went for the sweet potato pie with salad ($12). I chose the soba, but instead it came with garden salad. I didn't mind, but some other might have minded. The potato pie was small and I was quite hungry afterwards.

I loved the polenta base though. It was nice and creamy and great for those who can't have wheat.

The only great thing was the chutney which I presumed was homemade.


Verdict: It was ok, nothing too spesh (with the exception of the drinks). Every thing was small in size. With the $12 pie and salad they should have some organic vegan pies like the ones at Realfoods. These are yummy and filling. Realfoods buy theirs from a place called Las Vegan in Fitzroy.

I would love to try their freshly squeezed juices with fruit salad for breakfast as it looked really nice. But unfortunately it was lunchtime when I came and I had breakfast at home.

Emporia Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...