Friday, February 28, 2014

Hechos en Mexico by Claudia

Hechos en Mexico is a new Mexican joint on Brunswick st in Fitzroy. It is about a ten minute tram ride from the city. I went on the night that I went to the International Couch. I didn't really like the vegetarian offerings at the couch as they were not substantial for me.

So I went there and got takeaway. Normally I don't do this but I had to rush back to the Couch.
This reminds me of a little of Touche Hombre

More reminders of Touche Hombre

Love the sign

The drinks display

The menu


My burrito which normally costs $10

I love the table settings

The atmosphere reminded of Touche Hombre with its electric style. Here there were lots of lovely artworks which really suited the place.

The lady there was just ok. I think she was friendly, but a little reserved towards her customers. And I had to wait a while for the burrito even though it was quiet.

I bought the $5 Groupon for a large burrito. Only that it was half the size, but it was enough to feed me.

I had a choice of four fillings. I chose the vegetarian one with salsa. Only except the salsa is inside the burrito which is weird. What's also weird is the potato fillings in there. Normally the burrito comes with rice and lots of black bean. This had some black bean, but not heaps. And I found guacamole.

I could have easily bought a drink, sigh. But the Couch is a non alcohol place and they had plenty of drinks there already.

Verdict: Its a nice place for drink, but for a burrito I don't think so. Good on them for setting up shop in Brunswick st as it needs a proper Mexican joint, but there are so many other bars out there. It might be hard for them to keep their head above the water in the coming months but we shall see.
Hecho En Mexico on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...