Friday, May 30, 2014

Menulog and the Android app

You may remember that I did Le Bangkok before.

Now Menulog has given me $20 to spend on anything that I liked and write up about them. So I decided to talk about the app that they have made for Android 2.2 and beyond.
Menulog app. Photo courtesy of play.google.com

Menulog is the number 1 online ordering takeaway site which has 3500+ all over Australia. There is 10% off your first order and you can order your food from your own home or if you are out and about and want food later. Hence the phone app.

They have designed the app for people on the go. It is easy to install on the phone via Google Play and iTunes and is free

But it is slow and difficult to use. You have to wait ages for it to load. And there are delivery fees as well ranging from $3-$5. You couldn't read half the reviews.

With the voucher option you needed to pay the rest by credit card and that's what I did.

After careful consideration I decided to do Baked in South Melbourne after reading some good reviews online. The guy called me back to confirm which is great. Last time I also found that they have an easy remind me SMS service.

Also the delivery was on time and at the right place. I ordered the Spicy Linguini ($13 for a big serve that easily feeds two) and Herb pizza ($5.50) that I shared with everyone. It was four pieces. It was like the Domino's style pizza.
I had some salad to go with it from lunch.

The food was quite hot when it arrived.
The spicy linguini was lovely though. But I'm not really going to talk that much about food as this post is more about the app than it is about food.

Do check out their site. But would I use their app again? Probably not. I prefer it online.

But if you do need their app you can download it from iTunes or Google play
Here's their address details if you want to visit the place or find it on Menulog. Baked in South Melbourne on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...