Friday, May 2, 2014

The new Rice Workshop in Emporium and why I didn't like it

 There is a new Rice Workshop in town and that is in Emporium. Today everyone was just checking it out.

It is run by the same guy- David Loh of Food Republik and Dessert story. And the other Rice workshop.

I was invited to try their store but all views are my own.

Their store is in a food court which is nice, new and very clean. Here that food court 

 Whilst Debbie was lovely to me some of the others were just standing around doing nothing and looking like they didn't want to be there.

The organisation was so bad that half the people left. Guzman Y Gomez were prepared and my food was ready within minutes (even though there was a huge queue).

I was going to try the Japanese skewers but they weren't ready. They just took their time.


The Beef Ontama didn't come with the egg at first- they simply forgot. That is until I reminded them. But having said that the beef is very nice and so is the raw egg. I remembered raw egg from the last time at the launch party.
natto


I also had the seaweed salads, squid salad, pickles and the natto. All which were very nice and I loved how you could get it in one go. At least they were ready. The squid salad was freshly prepared and melted in the mouth. Same with the seaweed salad and pickles.

Verdict: Do go there if you like to be standing around for a very long time waiting for food and service without a smile (other than Debbie and David who were friendly).

Oh and I can't wait to try their soft serve especially black sesame.
Rice Workshop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...