Friday, June 13, 2014

Melba

 I went to the Melba today to celebrate a milestone and that is completing Semester One and passing all my assignments. Given that I had the Entertainment book I had the 25% discount. Lunch is normally $57 and that includes your choice of sparkling water or tap water. I would have liked it to include soft drinks and tea.
Ooh Moet

Oh look how formal this is

The service was lovely. There was a young Asian lady who didn't look too happy though to be there. Um I'm guessing that she is a student who has to work long hours to make ends meet

Here I had seven course, some of which I was sold and others which I was not.
1) Salad- sold
The salads were really fresh as always. I loved the prawn cocktail, that was the highlight for me. Also the tomato gazpacho was nice.
That being said I could easily get better leaves at the Radisson.
Salad Bar


2) Seafood- sold
Oh well partly, about 50% actually. I liked the prawns as they were fresh.  The mussels were a bit irky for my liking but I enjoyed the anchovies and the bread. The breads are freshly baked every morning.


Wine station


3) Sushi and miso soup- partly sold
I really enjoyed the homemade miso soup, but I didn't like sushi. The sushi rice was warm and so was the fish. Given that there is a whole lot of cold seafood I don't see why the salmon should be lukewarm :(. But I loved the pickled ginger though.
Pickled Ginger

bowls

garnishes

Miso soup which you get yourself and is homemade

I would have expected more inari than this!

4) Dim Sim-not sold as there was no vegetarian available. So in the end I made do with potatoes, tempura prawns (yuck- they were soggy), green beans (not much of it) and Saffron rice.
The potatoes were very nice and buttery, but they were a little soggy for my liking. The roasts looked a little dry. As for the Peking duck wraps it tastes just like what I make at home which is darn good.
Indian station

Dim Sim basket

My plate

5) The wok station- partly sold
This is a ready to order station in which the chef cooks everything in front of your But I did try was good though, so I was fully sold. The prawns were nice but it had too much msg. The noodles were a little overcooked
Char Kuey Teow

The noodle station

 6) Cheeses- sold
 I really enjoyed the creaminess of the brie this time

7) Dessert- was not sold, except for the fruits which I enjoyed. They were fresh.
The cakes were store bought, probably from Coles :(
My plate


Melba on Urbanspoon Verdict: China Bar fared better and I only had to pay $29. For a place that is supposed to be good in dessert did bode well with me. I would love to visit Langham for their high tea though. I wonder if the EB voucher allows this.

Editors note: Melba are offering Entertainment Members a 25% off the total bill. To get this discount and others do purchase through us

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...