Friday, June 27, 2014

The Limerick Arms

I booked this place online via Dimmi. I was very intrigued to try the place after seeing it a few times and seeing their offer in the Entertainment book.

The Limerick Arms Hotel is very old Melbourne style pub. It is an English pub in the heart of South Melbourne. They do support Melbourne Storm.

I had the 25% discount voucher from the Entertainment book so I only had to pay $13.80 for the veggie burger and lemonade. The guy at the bar wasn't bad. 

Pub specials

Love the signage

Pool tables



The place was very quiet on a Tuesday afternoon.
The service was very slow and the food wasn't that great either. People before me had waited ages for their food and I waited about half hour for nothing. But luckily there are feedback forms. I don't know how seriously they take their feedback but oh well.

When it came to the table it looked like a bomb's fallen on it. The patty was obviously bought from the supermarket and looked like the ones that we use at Chill and Grill. Not something worth paying the full price of $14 for. Some of the bits were burnt. I didn't really enjoy the tomato relish. It had that weird sweet sourish flavour to it.



I had to agree with some of the other reviewers though about the cold burger bun. Not only that- it tasted like the ones at McDonalds.

Burnt bits
But the chips were the redeeming factor. Nicely salted they worked well with the chilli sauce.

A tiny hair
At the end of the meal I saw an unwelcome guest- a short hair on my plate :(. It was bit late to say something at that stage.

I hope that they will lift their game, given that fact that there are better pubs in South Melbourne.If they don't they may as well go out of business. I think its best that they just stick to drinks and snacks. And AFL.

Editors note: This pub is featured in this years Entertainment membership and they are offering members 25% off the total bill. Do buy yours from us whilst stocks last
Limerick Arms Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...