Friday, July 25, 2014

Fisherman's Pier


Fisherman's Pier is on the Eastern beach side in Geelong. It is a fine dining place in Geelong which showcases the best of Geelong's seafood.

The French waiter and the lady were lovely people and they welcomed me with their open arms. They were very friendly to their customers.

At 12:30pm it wasn't busy but afterwards it was as more people came. I booked this place on Dimmi.

The atmosphere was intimate. It was lovely for a fine dining setting.

For drinks I had my usual lemonade ($4.50)

Hence it was my decision to try their fish and chips which includes the fish of the day which changes depending on what is in stock. It was $20 (normally $22, but as part of the Tastes of Geelong festival it was $20).

The fish and chips may look small, but it was anything but small. It was the right size. But the fish was a little too salty and the batter was too soggy.  The salad wasn't too overdressed which I liked. I could easily taste the freshness of the lettuce leaves.

Flowers

Look out the window and you'll see the boats

Wine

When paying the bill they had forgot about the lunch special until I reminded them.
All in all I'd like to return again. this is one place that I'd return to in Geelong. Oh and yes they do take bookings.

Fishermen's Pier on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...