Friday, July 4, 2014

Table by S a lovely Korean eat

RMIT Newintstudents dined here as guests.

The Table by S is in West Melbourne and is a short stroll from the Queen Vic Market. It's a small little cozy place.

I was welcomed by Corrine and her husband. It's actually owned by Koreans.

Yes there is only one bathroom there and the sign is above your head which made it look like a hallway.

Oh and yes they do mocktails and corn tea. The tea was a little bit sweet, but I enjoyed the mocktails. It was flavoursome and they did put a little bit of soda water in there as well as syrup.

The other table had alcohol. And the other table had the bbq meat on an open grill with the staff grilling it. It was really fascinating to watch them do it. If I wasn't so much of a vegetarian that can eat fish, this would have been perfect.

They make their own kimchis and geez it was really spicy. I love spicy food but for those that don't best not to visit as everything is spicy. The chestnut jelly didn't have that much taste.
Left: Kimchi. Top: potatoes and the bottom: Chestnut Jelly


The tofu steak tastes like lasagna. They put lots of cheese in there, but if you are not a cheese person you could ask for it to be without. Oh and between the two pieces there is a lot of spicy kimchi (cooked of course). Hence this is a great dish for vegetarians.

Of course I ordered the Vegetarian Bibimbap . Bibimbap was spicy and I loved the fact that they put so much veggie goodness into this. It wasn't oily but it was stone cold. The tofu was nice though. I had trouble finishing this. I loved the hard boiled egg on top.

When it came to the table it wasn't in one of those actual stone bowls which cooks the food.

I saw another table get the hotpot and I saw the waitress cutting up the meat and flaming it. This looks like a lot of fun I thought. I shall have to give this a go next time

Do come and visit this lovely place during winter. Pity its only open nights though, but soon it might be opened for lunch. What a lovely way to warm up on a cold, freezing winters night.

If only they'd lower the sign. 
Table by S on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...