Friday, September 26, 2014

Steer Bar and Grill

RNIS dined on a $50 voucher from Dimmi but had to pay for the dessert.

Steer Bar and Grill is in South Yarra near the train station. It is opened every night, but opened on Fridays for lunch.

They are primarily a steakhouse but what I read they do well in is also the tataki and desserts. Having had a fair bit of things at World before coming I wasn't too keen on eating much or drinking much. They specialize in a lot of wines and one in particular is Moet.

They are a lovely bar which gets busy at nighttimes so it is best to book via Dimmi

The service was very friendly and the guy explained the different cuts of meat to me. Not that I needed to know. I already knew what I was ordering. As for the oysters it is three of the same flavour to a plate all at $3.75 each. I was going to order one oyster for three different flavours.

To start off with there was the complimentary bread with salted butter.

Then there was salmon tataki ($14). The salmon was fresh but smallish. I also loved the pickled vegetables.
Onion rings (top) and tortellini (bottom)

The main which was tortellini ($29) was a bit on the small side. I would have expected a bigger serving. But oh well. For that I had ordered a side of onion rings ($9). The onion rings were just great and the tortellini was gorgeous.

For dessert I had baked cheesecake with coffee ice cream ($14). This just melted in the mouth. Yum.

Rating: 17/20- if only Sweet and Sour Fork went and ordered the steak as I know that Ming is a steak goddess and a great foodie. Ming also loves her wine.

It would also be nice if they were open for weekend lunches as a lot of people like to get out on the weekends
Steer Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...