Friday, October 31, 2014

Hare and Grace

As part of RNIS's Good Food month series

Hare and Grace is a very popular lively bar at the corner of King and Collins street which is a short walk from my workplace.
Pine decorations

Homemade sauce

But it gets busy at lunchtime with all the suits coming in and dining on their $15 lunch special which happened to be wagyu burger. Apparently the steak and wagyu burger deal has been raved about by foodies alike and it happened to be one of Hare and Grace's special.

The atmosphere is relaxed and casual at lunchtime and they have another lunchtime special as well which is 2 courses with wine for $40. Now they did not tell me that my Entertainment membership is not valid for specials eventhough in the book it said that it is. When I looked at the Entertainment book site it said that it was. I could pay the $15, but its just a note for other members.

The wagyu was to die for. It didn't take long for it to arrive at the table, but I saw that there were others waiting for food and drinks which seemed to take a little bit longer. The lady that served me was charming, the guy that settled my bill was not. He seemed tired and hungover.

I loved the brioche bun and the salad in the burger. It was plenty there. But however they could have caramelised the onions to make the burger more worthwhile. I didn't mind that they forgot the ketchup in the burger. In fact I liked it that way as it is good for those that want to lose the weight. But the melted cheese is good.

Rating: 14/20- good meal. The service leaves a lot to be desired. And what's with the No Entertainment deal for all their specials?
Hare & Grace on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...