Friday, October 10, 2014

La Camera

I went to La camera last night with my cousins. La Camera is in Southbank as well as South Yarra. Both store operates differently but this store was just great with the Dimmi bookings. I had to wait a little while. I came early.




The place is rather classy and that is what attracted me to this. I love classy little places like this where there is champagne in a bucket. It just adds that nice ole touch to a celebration. In fact we went on Grand Final eve where people were cheering on their teams.

I saw the ham in the display and I was like wow, I want this,

So when my cousins came I thought I might bring them to a traditional Italian place. I researched it online and found the voucher in my book.

I was served by a lovely male Italian waiter who knew his food well. They had been in the business for about 14-15 years now and are going strong.

For entree we shared a garlic pizza. I loved the thin base this time. And I also loved the garlicky bits. It was just like garlic bread.

Then for mains I had the linguine marinara with rocket ($31). The seafood was fresh but the linguine was stuck together and not very aldente. Not that I minded as the carbonara was perfect and was the potato pizza with the proscutto ham on top. The other two girls thought we went a bit crazy.


We did not with dessert being the highlight of the evening. I had the gelato. It was yum. I really loved the nougat and the hazelnut one and the girls shared a tiramisu.

Normally I would not choose a place like this but seeing as they are in the book offering 25% off and I loved the atmosphere I thought I'd give it a go. And I loved everything about it.

Would I return? Yes but only with the Entertainment voucher or just for some drinks with friends as they have free drinks with a antipasto plate to share.
La Camera Southgate on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...