Friday, October 31, 2014

Sumosalad and the Couch BBQ

As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015

The Couch had their BBQ on one fine evening at Flagstaff gardens. Here everyone had heaps of fun. There was soccer and loads of talking and sharing.

But since I am pescatrian I couldn't have meat. So of course I had to have salad with bread. With that in mind I went to Sumosalad in Melbourne Central. Here they are outside the train station hence they cater for commuters who are on diets or who just want to be healthy.

They have three sizes to take away: small, medium and large. The small is from $8 and the large is $11.93 (your choice of three salads). I chose a superfood salmon one with rice, beetroot and dahl and pumpkin and feta. I enjoyed them but the one that I particularly loved was beetroot. It had lots of flavour in there and not too much dressing. They are low in fat and great in providing lots of nutrients, hence they are good for dinner in summertime. You can add superfood to your salad for $1 but I thought seeing as I have a superfood in there, I did not.

They also do wraps as well but its mainly for lunch

After dinner I enjoyed playing a little bit of soccer in the park. And I enjoyed enjoyed patting some very cute friendly dogs. 
Sumo Salad on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...