Friday, October 31, 2014

Sushi Izu

As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015

Sushi Izu is a North American fusion range of sushi that is available in Woolworths supermarkets. They are expensive but sometimes they are good. Especially the ones that have just been freshly made by the sushi chef in store.

I have had some fresh ones and some not so fresh ones. I even sampled their spicy tuna and liked it that I got waaaay too addicted to it. I also like their inari ($7) sometimes when they do it right. At the movies I enjoyed a $10 bento box which was on special that day.
Inari (top left), seaweed (top right) and sushi set (bottom)

At the end of the day like the rest of the store they have specials and sometimes they have this during the week=. Like one week I saw that they had $4-$6 hosomaki sushi and sushi rolls when they are normally $7-$8. Sometimes too they also have $10 bento plats (normally $13).

I love their nigiri sushi when they get it right. Sometimes I have had sushi when the rice is a little bit dry from being out too long.

The last time I was there I didn't really enjoy their $3 seaweed salad. It was small and a little bit chewy and string from being out too long. Luckily I didn't get food poisoning from this.

There is no service there, you just grab and go. Its just what's appealing to the eye.

Do grab your sushi early in the day whilst they are still fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...