Friday, January 16, 2015

Mesa Verde

Mesa Verde is a lovely little Mexican restaurant and bar in the heart of the city.  It is up six flights of stairs but if you come there after 6pm then the lift is much faster and you can go straight up there in a flash. It is in the same building as Cookie and Rooftop bar.

The place does get busy during the night and they have about 240 varieties of alcohol.

The service was a little bit slow to start off with but the once all the food came it was alright. To start off with I enjoyed a lovely lemon sherbet drink ($6). It was minty and very refreshing.

I also enjoyed the lovely authentic Mexican corn chips with guacamole which was fresh. It was $11. The watermelon salad ($15) which I believe will be on the menu at the International Street Food Festival is refreshing for a summer's day. I loved the saltiness of the salad as well as the crunch from the pumpkin seeds and cranberries. The watermelon was fresh and sweet.

The tacos too were good and I believe that there might be a special of 2 for $10 at the International street food festival. But the fish in the fish one was a little bit overcooked (only slightly).  I did really favour (and I know that the vegetarians too would like) the fried tomato taco which was really nice with the cheese on top.

However I didn't like the Mesa burger ($15). It's great for people that don't like the spice, but I found that the bun was really dry and the meat was a little undercooked. I did however like the vegetables that were used. If they had a vegetarian burger even better

I also sampled some of their homemade hot sauce which will be possibly selling at the festival. I loved the spiciness. It blew my mind. If only they used that in the burger.
Sorry about the blurry photo- the atmosphere was very dark

Rating: 16/20 -loved everything else except for the burger. I even loved watching the guys do their thang behind the bar and I loved watching the other group enjoy their birthday desserts. I wished that I could have had some but I was too full.

Do check them out at the International Street Food festival.
Mesa Verde on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...