Friday, January 30, 2015

The Swiss Club of Victoria

The Swiss Club is the oldest club in Victoria for Swiss migrants. It started in 1889 as a club for everyone to meet. To this day it is a strong club which attracts Swedish and non Swedish people alike. They also operate a restaurant in which profits goes to their club. Their club organizes many events and gatherings.







They don't take Dimmi bookings for the Groupon voucher. I thought that they would as after all they are getting my money.

But the place is old fashioned and very clean. In fact it was quiet. The older couple sitting on the table next to me had really nice salmon meals with rosti

The club's restaurant offers some of the finest foods to date. I bought the Groupon which was $15 for a glass of wine/soft drink and a meal. There were limited choices so I chose the vegetarian risotto which came with a rosti (grated potato). The risotto was quite cheesy and rich in flavour. The rice was cooked well and I enjoyed the sundried tomato.

The complimentary nuts were nice and very addictive.

The bread too was lovely, but I did not enjoy the melted butter which was placed right near the candle. It was a lovely Swiss bread. I had to remind them to bring my bread since they had forgotten.

My tea came with a little chocolate nougat which was a nice touch to a lovely meal.

I was going to get dessert but it was too full. But I did enjoy the look of someone's strudel dessert.

Rating: 18/20-  Do support this little gem.
Swiss Club of Victoria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...