Friday, May 22, 2015

The Wheelie good party

As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015
The Wheelie Good Party was on in North Melbourne today at the lovely Melrose st Village. Here there were lots of dogs and bikes and smiling kids. There were also some International students there.


One of the workshops which was run


Kombutcha tastings



I tried Short Batch's ice cream. It was really nice and the business is a push bike one which does everything by cart.

There were many classes for kids and adults alike. Here we learnt about the road rules riding a bike. Bikes have the same rules as cars on the roads, except for wearing a helmet and visability and the use of the bike lane.

It was here that I bumped into Joyce of Mel: Hot or NOT. She was there selling her Cycle Style items so do support her.

There were free smoothies by Bike N blend nd that really excited me when I read about this event. I guethat seeing as North Melbourne is a huge hub for International students I would have thought that many would have turned up. Instead it was families and young kids. But still a free event with such lovely company couldn't hurt right?

Run by the Squeaky Wheel and Good Cycle co in conjunction with the City of Melbourne this event had a great turn out and I really enjoyed myself today.

Many thanks to the Squeaky Wheel and Good Cyckle co for Organising it but it could have been better promoted via Facebook and Meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...