Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Gallery at the Pullman Hotel

The Gallery is a newish restaurant at the Pullman which does buffet on Friday, Saturday nights and Sunday lunches. The buffet is about $89 which includes wine and tea and coffee. But seeing as we love deals we got this on Living Social.

Here the wine was champagne and it was sweet. This went well with the oysters and prawns that I had. It also worked well with the sushi that I had. Unlike the time at Season's providore where I did not enjoy the wine as it was a bit full on, here it was much lighter and better. And I finished it before the mains.
Seafood


The cheese station


Lobster Thermidor



The wine station




 I didn't enjoy the sushi so much. It was dry and the smoked salmon from the seafood bar was also dry. But the onion rings and vinegarette was great.

The main meal
Unlike Melba they have no dumpling station. Instead they focus more on the hams and the Western food. There is a focus on French cheeses. My brie was really good and worked with the champagne. Unlike Melba or Collins Kitchen, they only have one soup and no Asian station. This was the ox tail soup. This soup, I found it to be too bland for my liking. Soup should be nicely salted and flavoured.

I sampled ham and enjoyed it. It was moist and very smokey in flavour.

The bread was freshly baked.

I really enjoyed the vegetables and the salmon. The salmon was cooked well and the vegetables were fresh.

Out of the desserts I enjoyed the pannacotta. It was light and fluffy. And very creamy. It was also white chocolatey sweet. The mango mousse was just alright.

Mango mousse and pannacotta
Rating: 14/20- love the buffet and the lobster thermidor. And if NQN came to Melbourne, can I recommend the Pullman as a place to stay and enjoy the buffet?

The service was very lovely there and the wait staff were willing to talk and smile.
Gallery Restaurant -  Hotel Pullman On The Park Melbourne Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...