Monday, January 11, 2016

Bokchoy tang

RNIS was invited by Healthystudent site and Herbalife to review the place

Bokchoy Tang has been around for a while now. Here it has been reviewed for outstanding Asian food by various blogs like Jeroxie etc. So when I got the Age Good Food Card I thought that I would give this a shot. I had seen the place before. It is clean and up two flights of stairs.

Spring rolls close up

Spring onion pancake close up
Inside of it is warm and like a more elegant Chinese restaurant. There was only one other group of four and they were Caucasian enjoying a banquet with champagne and wine. I was just happy trying dumplings and by the time I left they had a whole lot more food which I don't think that they would have been able to finish.

I had just finished fit club and smoothies before coming, so I did not mind waiting and watching them cook my food in an open kitchen. Here they also do Menulog orders and they have won best Regional award last year just for their outstanding food. If I was to order from Menulog I'd order from them. I loved the cute bags that the takeaway comes in.

Prawn and chive parcels
Here I had plump vegetarian spring rolls, the flatbread, prawn and chive parcels (which were amazing by the way), the pan fried veg dumplings and the spring onion pancake for $30 altogether ( I did get an Entertainment book discount and I got the card courtesy of Herbalife and Healthy Students site). Everything looked small but was moreish and at 8pm and after I don't eat a lot.

Everything is made freshly here. I enjoyed eating it all. The flat bread was a little bit on the sweetish side, but I loved the plum sauce that came with the spring rolls. I also loved the freshly fried pancake and the dumplings. Yum

They use a lot of fresh ingredients and I can taste them in everything.

Rating: 18/20- enjoyed it but a little bit pricey if I paid for it all. Do come by for fine dining with elegance,
Bokchoy Tang Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...