Thursday, January 21, 2016

Miyako

Miyako is a Japanese restaurant which has been around for about 20 years. Here they are run by true Japanese and I was invited by Healthystudent site to give a review about this place. You check out Healthystudent site here and give them some feedback as they would always want. Moreover they would want you to buy their products if you can. They are now promoting Amazon products as well as their own.

But back to the restaurant. It is lovely and relaxed and good for formal and informal dinners. I went many years back with my own family and had always enjoyed the food and service. THis time the service was attentive and the place was very empty, I wonder why. It was a Tuesday lunchtime when I came. There were only 3-4 tables full and the rest was very empty.

Ceiling






They still have their lunch sets and its as popular as ever. They have their daily specials and they have their ever so popular sashimi and sushi bento. However I can't say that I have fallen in love with it this time. There was not as much sushi as the years before, the fruits were gone (they were amazing then) and the salad was overdressed. It pretty much killed the flavour of the leaves. But the tofu denguku as Gastrology mentioned is AMAZING. The sauces were just brilliant and its as light as. Same as with the tempura which I ordered as an entree. It was light and healthy.
Bento

The sushi though sadly was a tad bit salty and they did take a while to make it. I will never forget the white bits on the sashimi though. They may gross some people out. I thought that they did not take enough care in their work.

The miso soup was stockstandard and the appetizer was a nice touch. It was beef with miso and mini French toast

We wanted dessert though, but they do not do dessert during the lunch hour.

Rating: 13/20- lucky I did not have pay. If I had to pay I would not have been too happy with this meal.
Miyako Japanese Cuisine & Teppanyaki Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...