Monday, February 8, 2016

Old Town White coffee's nasi lemak

Old Town White Coffee is a Malaysian franchise which came to Melbourne only just last year. Already eight other bloggers have tried it out and whilst most liked it, some said it was a bit meh. Gastrology I know was invited to try this place as a few others.

I came by at afternoon tea when they are having their afternoon tea special from $5.50-$8.50 for one drink and one meal. This is good for students. They too are having a competition where you can post



your pictures on Instagram and the best one wins an iPad.

Here I decided to try their nasi lemak and see how it compares to the other nasi lemak's that I have had at Papparich and uni functions. If I was to pay $14.50 for this I would have expected more nuts and anchovies. At uni I pay around $5-$7 for this serve of it. Sometimes at student conferences I would get it for free.

In this version I loved the good ole sambal and the egg. I also enjoyed the coconut rice for its flavour. But it was lukewarm.

I ordered the lemon tea which was cold. It was sweet and it was nice with my tea supplement.

Rating: 13/20-not bad. I hope I win the best photo challenge though. i don't mind not wining the iPad but it would be good to win the $50 dining voucher and then I can take Leandro and try some more food during dinner.

Do come by during their afternoon tea sessions.


Old Town White Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...