Friday, March 25, 2016

Caulfield Chinese

Caulfield Chinese is in Caulfield across the road from the station and a stone's throw away from Monash Caulfield campus. I was in Malvern for fit club and was hungry afterwards. I was going to head up to Box Hill by train but there was buses due to trackworks.

I didn't want to have to wait ages just for one and then its full all the way. Nor did I want to have to trudge back into the city.

So it was off to Caulfield we go as it is only one stop away. Upon exiting the station I saw that this place was busy with Asian students. The majority of them are Chinese who are enjoying a good meal here. All the other good places were closed on a Sunday.



They don't have roast duck but they do have some good value meal sets for $11.80. They have a minimum of $20 if you want to use credit. The sets include one, entree, rice, drink ( your choice of soy milk, milk tea or tea in a cute bottle) or soup if you don't want a drink. The entree was garlic cucumber which was nice and refreshing.

The main that I had was salt and pepper chicken which was a little bit bland. I would have liked some dried chilli with it. But luckily though there was chilli sauce.

I think they used the wrong rice as that rice was meant for sushi rice. They must have run out of the normal Australian rice.

But the good news is that there was no msg in it which is great for those who hate msg.

Rating: 14/20- what is your best memory of the salt and pepper chicken? Very basic Chinese I say, but good value for students.
Caulfield Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...