Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sushi House: Ben K

Sushi House: Ben K has been known to sell their food at the Japanese festivals and they looked really good. So I thought that I would try this cheap student eat

I had an assignment in Hawthorn for Mystery Shopper and I thought that I would come by. The place is run down and looked a little bit dirty on the outside. But it was warm and welcoming on the inside. Here the service was not too bad. There were more caucasians than Japanese and the waitress spoke in Chinese.

Here I ordered their tofu terriyaki lunch specials for $9 which came with rice, four tofu cubes, salad in some sort of weird dressing, miso soup and fruit. The fruit was on the same plate as the rice. I expected it to be in a small parfaitcup like the other lady's lunch as it looks much nicer.



The tofu was good, but the rice was lukewarm. And the salad had that weird dressing. What is up with the pasta? It does not belong on the plate as Pete and Manu would say.

I did like the miso though.

Rating: 14/20- alright for a cheap eat but let down by the cleaniliness of the restaurant.
Sushi House Ben-K Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...