Sunday, May 29, 2016

Beluga

Its a weird name for a fish and chip shop but I like this name. This fish shop although opened for eight years popped up recently when I went past it from the botanical gardens to the station. So I went after my run one day for dinner.

This is a small fish shop nestled in a street where there are many fine dining places.

They were really busy on Saturday night with their regulars who love footy as much as I do. Here we talked about hawthorn.
I was served by an older lady and her young daughter. The older lady didn't smile a bit but she was friendly towards her regulars. The older guy (her husband) liked everyone including me from the west side. Which is why I have not known about this fish shop until recently.

I had their regular fish pack for one which included the South Melbourne dim sim, a piece of fish (usually the fish of the day), a whole mound of chips and a potato cake. All for $10.50. They also do salad and fish. The fish of the day was a John dory and it was really fresh.

My dish did take a while to come though

The chips I really struggled to finish this. There were just so many of them. Now I am not a meat eater and I don't like dim sims a lot so I left this aside.

The potato cake was good though. It was a good thing that they did not put a lot of salt on my dish as I hate eating too much salt.

Rating: 13/20- comfort food.  I wonder why many other bloggers have not discovered this place. Please Beluga, please invite them around.
Beluga Fish and Chippery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...