Sunday, May 29, 2016

Guzman y gomez

Guzman Y Gomez is a chain store and we love them for all things Mexican. So when they popped up at South Yarra outside the station, we'd thought we'd try in two visits. One was during their opening day and the other one was during dinner after a run at the Tan.

They have been open for about a month now.

On their opening day they were busy because everyone wanted their free burrito. But at dinnertime during the mid week at 7pm they were really quiet. I wonder why.

The store was clean no doubt and they are always featured on the Mystery shopper lists. I was served by one not so pleasant, but attentive lady. It was probably a student.

For both times I had the fish burrito. On their opening day I had it naked which was quite nice and healthy. But for dinner I had it in a whole wheat wrap (extra $0.50 per burrito). Here can go crazy with the jalepinos and the habenaro sauce as it was free. But they were really stingy on the water. I would have thought that they would have a glass bottle of water for the table. But no they only had a cup.


The fish in my burrito was dry and it was lukewarm. The rice was not too bad and the beans were good in there. Pity there was not a lot of salad like there was in the burrito bowl.

On opening day they had the salsa and the chips which I really enjoy. I would have ordered some but I thought that it was too much for me. And its not worth the extra $5 where the people are most likely being underpaid.

For an extra $3 you can buy a churro or two but I think its not worth it. The burrito already filled me up and I didn't need any more food after. Luckily I went for a run before. On Myfitnesspal a burrito is about 800-900 cal so you can only have this every so often.
Guzman y Gomez  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...