Sunday, May 22, 2016

Juicy bao

Juicy Bao is a place in Chinatown which rated for one of their great xiaolong bao and noodles.

The place is clean and small and they have cheap, comfort food. Most people like them for their dumplings and buns.

The place has a no bookings policy and was busy on Friday night. Like what one other reviewer said you have to wait for the whole party to arrive before they seat you. This is true in many Chinese and Asian places.


The service was very quick though. I got my food within ten minutes and it was piping hot.

They do have BYO and someone brought in champagne. I thought that champagne and dumplings was a really odd mixture. I would have liked to have white wine or a riseling with it.

I had the noodle with mince pork and spring onion. The noodles were springy and the pork was nicely ground. The noodles were homemade.  I really don't know what those black dried things were though.

Also the buns were homamde and they were $4.80 for four. But they didn't have a lot of filling in them.

I was left feeling full and satisfied.

Rating: 18/20- do come by for a cheap and fast feed.
Juicy Bao Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...