Thursday, August 18, 2016

Grill'd in Moonee ponds

There is now another Grill'd and this time its in Moonee Ponds near Essendon. I don't live too far away and I haven't been here up until now so what's the excuse? Well I just hadn't got around to visiting that's what.

I visited twice; first time with a friend and the second for a snack. The first time with a friend we came for lunch and had burgers. I had my vegetarian one and he had the Melbourne one. The both of us thought that our burgers were just ok even though mine was really filling. My friend thought that the sweet potato chips had no crisp and was really oily. I kind of enjoyed the oiliness of it as I needed a lot of fats after sweating it in the gym.






And then I decided to give them another chance. That is when I came for my snack size chips knowing that I needed more sodium and carbs as a runner. I had the sweet potato and zucchini fries. Both filled me up but boy they were a bit stingy on the donation card until I asked them. And same as the water.

But the sweet potato fries were nicely salted and crunchy not like the last time that they were soggy. I really liked the Murray river salt that they put in there. I also really liked the zucchini chips as well (except for the puddle of oil on the bottom) as they were nice and crispy and really hot. This worked well with the chilli mayo as an extra kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...