Saturday, December 31, 2016

Rice bar and Cafe

Rice bar & cafe is now Dumpling and Shanghai cuisine. This place is on St Kilda road and has been there for many years but no blog posts. I wonder why!

One day whilst running past it I was intrigued. But then I was in a hurry and it wasn't until two days before Christmas.




Here they have all meals under $15. Here I had their tomato and egg with rice. It was supposed to be fried but it was scrambled. It was nice but the very sweet tomato sauce drowned out the flavour. The rice was freshly cooked and was jasmine rice. I was going to have prawn dumplings but they didn't have any.

The wait for takeaway food was really long.

I really did like their $4.50 Spring Onion pancake. Here it was piping hot and very golden.

Do come by to this lovely place when they reopen in the New year. I really hope that Sweet and Sour Fork tries this place out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...