Thursday, January 12, 2017

Dumplings Onboard buffet

Dumplings Onboard is a new Chinese dumpling buffet. I have never heard of this before and when I saw the $15 deal on Groupon I just had to give it a go.

They have been opened for two months now. Here the place was clean and busy at 7pm. Already diners were helping themselves to the food. I loved the cold stuff. In particular I enjoyed the seaweed and tofu salads. The seaweed had that spicy kick to it.

A selection of starters from the buffet




Homemade plum drink







To start off with I had their homemade plum drink. This was a little bit too sweet for my liking.

You can boil your own dumplings but I didn't want to. I'm not much of a good cook and I am scared that I will burn myself. Besides  I wanted the fried pumpkin dumpling and the red bean. It wasn't at the hot food station so I had to order this. They were both lovely compared to the spring roll which had been sitting there and was cold (not so much stale as it was a vegetarian one).

Dumplings Onboard Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
The fish was tough and dry.  It had been sitting in the bain marie for some time. The chicken did look good but I was too full. The fried rice was just ok. The noodles were freshly made and I enjoyed that. It worked well with the vegetarian dumplings. I also enjoyed the spicy beans in there.

The chicken and corn soup was really lukewarm. I like my soups hot and not cold or lukewarm.

Last but not least is dessert. I really enjoyed the watermelon but was not sure about the apple. The apple pieces was brown and sour. The custard bun really did not have much custard in there.

Rating: 12/20- its ok. At least the waitress was friendly. And the place was clean. But they should seriously think about inviting some bloggers and PR soon to try their dumplings and pumpkin fried dumpling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...