Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Exchange Hotel

RNIS paid for their own drink and did not have to pay for the burger meal. This meal was taken from their good food gift card which you can buy from the Age online.

The Exchange Hotel is in Port Melbourne right near the end of the line and where the Spirit of Tasmania is. Hence it is really popular with the locals and visitors alike. But the wait times for food are very long. As I had to be somewhere else in a hurry I took my chips away. I was very hungry and agitated at the wait. At Bells Hotel we didn't have to wait this long. Our food only took about ten minutes to come. The place was not even packed- it was steady with a lot of punters just drinking.




At least the staff were friendly about it.

The beef burger for $19 (normally $24) took about half an hour to come. Other people were not happy with the wait times and there were several tables waiting for ages. At least the food was good (except for a few gristles in the burger and the super sweet bun).

But at least the patty was cooked. The burger was small but not too small. It was supposed to have bacon but this did not. At least I liked the onion ring in there,

The chips also were really great. I loved the chicken salt and the crunchy taste.

The drink came out before the burger and I devoured this in no time. It was a lemon, lime and bitters. I would have gone for the beer but they seemed a tad bit expensive and it was on the late side for me.

Rating: 13/20-ok food but would mainly come here for the drinks and the locals night on Monday. Hated the wait.
Exchange Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...