Saturday, April 29, 2017

Zouki Cafe and shop

Zouki cafe and Shop is inside the Royal Melbourne Hospital and they are one big cafe and shop. I was on my way to work in the city and as part of marathon training had decided to walk an extra few km. I am doing the 42km marathon in October and as such am raising money for the Salvation army.

Here I had substandard eggs and mushrooms with onion and wholemeal bread. Zouki cafe also does sushi and other bakery items but being a marathoner was in the mood for eggs and brown bread which is good for the iron. I been researching stress fractures online and found that if you don't eat enough for your training you can get a stress fracture over time.




The eggs were the Ikea sort which was rubbery and plasticky in texture. They had been sitting in the bain marie for a while. But the bread was the fresh sort and it was great being toasted. The mushrooms and onions were jut ok but who can stuff these up. The eggs reminded me of hospital food which was very bland.

At least the coffee was good and I can see why there was such a huge line for it. You order and then pay for it and then they call your number. I got a soy flat white as per usual as I am trying to quit having normal milk and I love soy.

Next time I'll come just for the coffee and toast and not the eggs. The service there was just ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...