Saturday, September 23, 2017

Mappen Ramen

Mappen Ramen is in Bourke st. It is one of the popular Sydney Eats hence the Melbourne restaurant is always busy.

I was on my way to the Post office when I was hungry and wanted some lunch. I wanted something with no sauces and no sweets.


Here you order and then you get your topping and then pay. There are no reserving seats for anyone and I got mad when somebody did reserve it for three of their friends. He could have just waited for them outside or got takeaway as they do that.

I got the plain udon with miso soup and a seafood skewer, agedashi tofu, and curry potato croquette. Here they were fresh but the skewer was a little bit cold from sitting in the bain marie for some time. There was an okonomiyaki skewer but they had all runout.

The Agedashi tofu was alright but it came with no sauce and I wanted it that way as I am doing the Sugar-Free September for Healthy International students. One of the rules is that you can't have sauce unless it is homemade. It was fresh though.

The udon was silky smooth which is great. The miso was a bit too much though. But I loved the self-serve red ginger and tempura crumbs.

Do come by when you have time or for dinner.

Mappen Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...