Saturday, March 18, 2017

Glenferrie road festival and Grilld





















Glenferrie Road festival is a festival about wine, arts, crafts, food and coffee. But it is also about community with many of the gyms and community organisations taking part. In recent years I have heard that there is a waffle stall but not this year. This year they featured cakes and desserts in a jar, all of which look yummy but I can't eat it. Why you ask? It is because I'm trying to quit sugar.

So instead I take a look at all the non sugary options and there were a few except for the ones that have a lot of BBQ sauce to it. I tried Oporto's chicken and chips as they were samples and it was good. I really didn't like the sauces as they have no taste.

Getting there was no problem, there were trams, trains and the walk from Gardiners creek and Merri trail for those that are more adventurous. There wasn't any free water tank for people to refill their bottles. People had to buy their own drink which was $1-$3 and on a hot 26C day you would want to have water available.

Grilld had their beers for people to try as well as free avocado chips for those that bought a burger. So I went in and they were flat out busy. Here I had their field of dreams. I wanted to add an egg in it but the.y were flat out. And eggs cost an extra $1- $2. All the drinks they had were sweet except kombucha.
Inside Grilld 



The burger was good, but the lady's on the table beside me looked even better. It was a Mighty Melbourne.
Lulo 

Dog outside Lulo



Grilld had beers but I liked Lulo bar's sangria offer of $7 per cup and I was curious to try it. It is a red wine fruity drink. It is also really sweet and alcoholic just like Spain. This drink is a very popular Spanish bar drink. What I didn't know was that it has 16 grams of sugar in there.
Menu for a Japanese restaurant

Connect 4

$3 pizza slices

Another dog



On the top end of Glenferrie road there were more bars and craft stalls. Restaurants advertise their wares and promotions. Many dogs were out enjoying the fine sunshine.

Do go to next years one as this one was a lot of fun.


Grill'd - Hawthorn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...