Saturday, August 12, 2017

Il Nostro Posto

RNIS dined as guests.

We have been here once before. And its in some little cozy laneway called Hardware Lane. Here they have been around for 11 years and have not been found.

We loved sitting in their cozy dens whether it is upstairs or down. This time I liked downstairs very much. Here we got to see the good wines on offer. Some of their wines are imported from Italy.



Their wines are really great and they have a long wine list. I loved their red wine and it worked with the entree and the main. The red wine works well for winter and mushroomy dishes.

Here we had the aranchini to start with. It was good and very cheesey and the salad worked well. But I would have liked a little more.

The penne pasta was the best highlight of the night. It was al dente and the sauce is just like what my mum makes at home. It worked well with the red wine. Pity though that my friend had coke as Italian food always works better with wine or a campari or two. A campari is an Italian cocktail which can be sweet or sour- whichever way you make it.
Mushroom pizza

The mushroom pizza was equally just as good with the red wine but I could not understand the tomato sauce. I would have thought that like Ladro's they had a white base. But my friend and I enjoyed it with the chilli sauce.

For dessert I had cannoli with a moscato. I was a little bit tipsy but I wanted to try a dessert wine since the Italians love their desserts with dessert wine and the wine never failed me. It was sweet and crisp in taste. It tasted like apple.

The cannoli is made in house. Here I loved the freshness and the sweetness of it all. I didn't like a lot of the chocolate sauce by my friend did.

Rating: 15/20- good food, good service. Do book as they are bound to get busy on Friday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...